Thursday 8 January 2009

cranberry juice.

im not sure how a blog works but i thought it would be neat...so i am going to try this out...if there is a proper way dont expect me to follow it.
but...
im in scotland, glasgow to be exact. a 'wee bit' chilly as they say, but its better than being in MN and running to my car, getting in and screaming because of the frozen toes while waiting for the heat.i can deal with rain but freezing temperatures are the death of me. i have been settleing myself in which has been kind of overwhelming as most people know me to be difficult with change. but i have found my place in a lovely room in a 'flat'. my roommate is from chile, Antonia. we made this pact that if i buy a hairdryer i can use her straightner! im excited to get closer to her and all the other flatmates.

things that i have done: looked the wrong way while crossing the street and almost getting hit. pronounced a ton of words wrong. have said "im sorry can you repeat that" too many times. ate the first night at "little italy", i just can't leave my heritage. saw a man let his dog pee on the side of a building. got told my key was "dodgy".

the 'care' place right now: Pico Cafe. i've been there twice and they already know me with my punch card. im not sure if thats a good or bad thing.
but they do say "cheers" when they hand me my cappicino as i americanly say
thank you.

the 'wee bit' odd place: a pub inside an old cathedral church.


3 comments:

  1. wondefully wonderful
    I just read out loud the blog to my mother and puppy as they are about to take a nap. I am glad you didn't get hit by a car. I truly miss you, and hope you love your daisy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is for your friend from Chile Antonia.
    Antonia tu no me conoces pero soy una persona que quiero mucho a tu compaƱera de Cuarto es como una hija para mi , yo soy de Uruaguay y ella es una de la mejores amigas de my hija, me alegro mucho que vos seas la compaƱera de Cuarto de ella, por favor cuando sea viernes de noche o savado salgan a pasear a conoser muchachos, porque ella es media timida y tiene miedo a salir.
    Es muy buena jugadora de futbol, asi que tienen que ir a ver un partido ahi, por favor esto es importante, ella tiene que ver como es de verdad el futbol , aqui los gringos no tienen ni idea.
    Bueno un abrazo, manden el telefono asi las llamamos. Fernando

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie,
    My comments are not going to be as cool as the above, just a note from Auntie Barbie,
    Loved the pictures,am so excited for you, what a wonderful experiece for you. Also glad you did not get hit by the car. Yes, the rain is much better than what we have been having - here in frosty Osakis it is -20 with the wind chill factor. Love the rain and wet jeans/ I have wet jeans and frozen toes. Going to Arizona to see Grampa and Gramma in Feb. can hardly wait. I'll keep checking the blog and will pray for your wonderful adventure in Scotland. Always wanted to do something like that/glad you took the opportunity. Learning Spanish/maybe I can write something to your flatmate before you leave. Cherish these memories Carrie. Love Lots - Auntie Barbie

    ReplyDelete